After having to chase snow to the far reaches of Northern Minnesota this February, we vowed to stop worrying and start acting. Mother Earth needs our help. And not just on one day of the year. Every freakin' day for the next foreseeable future. For us, its as simple as this - we want our boys (and all future generations.) to have access to the same seasons, wilderness and experiences that we have today.
So here we go, officially joining the conversation. One of the biggest challenges with Climate Change has always been that it seems insurmountable and inconvenient. So in the face of that, we are vowing to KEEP IT SIMPLE this Earth Day. Here's how:
1. Get outside. In the fight to save the planet, fully appreciating it is one of the most powerful weapons we have. So lets start there. And the good news is, you don't have to go far.
2. Speak up. Find your one favorite wild place and speak loudly for it. This is ours. Start by simply sharing your experiences with others. Then get involved in protecting it in some way.
3. Learn more. There are awesome, concise, science-based, non-biased sources of information out there, like this one from Climate Generation. Then when you have the opportunity, pass that knowledge along to the next generation.
4. Eat more plants. Many studies, like this recent one from the World Resource Institute have shown that shifting diets away from meat (especially beef) is one of the best things you can do for the planet. Plus it makes you feel good.
5. Think small. You don't need to go out and buy a Prius or a brand new bike. Instead, focus on eliminating, reducing and incorporating some of these small changes into your everyday life.
OK so we didn't say EASY (that is what got us in trouble in the first place, right?), we said SIMPLE. But if not us, then who? And if not now, then when? I don't know about you, but we're tired of not knowing the answer to those questions.
Cheers to a brighter tomorrow for all!
-Hannah + Brady