Blueberry Lemon Muesli Cookies
The perfect lemony sweet cookies for late winter, Easter, spring, or anytime really. They're hard to resist, and we'll be keeping a jar full of these on our counter for after breakfast/lunch/dinner "snacks."
Here's how you can make them:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4oz unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, adjust oven racks to middle position and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and then mix in the vanilla and lemon extract.
- Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon or large rubber spatula, then stir in the oats.
- Using 2 heaping tablespoons per cookie, roll the dough into balls and place them on a cookie sheet spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookie edges are just turning golden brown but the middles are still pale, about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack.
Just another great way to enjoy your muesli! Perfect for when you grab a 2lb bag at Midwest Costco locations.