Versatility is an added bonus of muesli. Even though you’ll find Seven Sundays in the cereal aisle, it doesn’t mean you are limited to using it for breakfast. (Though we’ll always love the simplicity of pairing muesli with tangy yogurt or almond milk for an easy morning meal!)
Because our flavors are made with ingredients like dried fruits, oats, seeds, and nuts, they’re a perfect addition to any baked good. It’s an easy way to incorporate nutrients in sweet indulgences… like this banana bread recipe below.
• 1 1/4 cup Seven Sundays Bircher muesli
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp salt
• 5 VERY ripe bananas (try making a collection in your freezer as bananas begin to brown)
• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 cup light brown sugar
• 1 tsp honey
Heat oven to 400 degrees and butter a loaf pan. Combine 3/4 cup muesli with all the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mash the bananas until they melt into gooey liquid and whisk in the butter, eggs, brown sugar, and honey. Mix the dry and liquid ingredients together until combined and pour into pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup muesli. Bake 50-60 minutes.
Enjoy your morning,